Thursday, April 11, 2013

Ode to Zoe


Let us start out this fashion blog by naming my girl crush/obsession/wannabe. And though you might think Rachel Zoe is the cliche choice, you are right. But I don't care.

This high class stylist knows what she is doing and anyone who doesn't agree is not a fashion friend. She has taken something most don't give two shizz about and turned it into a blissful bomb of radiating beauty. To have the ability to create a job out of something so simple yet so complex as pairing the perfect sunnies with a dress might just be art in its purest form. So pure I could die.

Yes, I know, I'm an idiot. But I love clothes, and I love her.

Not only did Rachel Zoe put styling on the map in the eyes of a nation who in most cases lacks the concept, she did it at no cost but her own. She is a woman who worked from the bottom up. Fought for something she believed in, and after many years of sweating under her maxi dresses created an empire of gold (or her preferred black).

While many might snuff at the though of fashion and can't understand the reasoning behind spending more than 10 minutes and $10 on an outfit, it is the select few like Rachel Zoe who prove them all wrong. Just think of it this way, deciding to wear an ugly sweater is still deciding to wear something.


A closing note: Rachel Zoe said on her last show "I come from a dad who said I can be the best at anything. So I chose something I loved. And I believe if you work hard enough you can live your dreams."

That's maj.

No comments:

Post a Comment