Tuesday, May 7, 2013

My friend, the up and coming designer



I have been told, there comes a time in everyones life where they begin to mold into a truer self. This weekend I had the opportunity of watching one of my oldest companions do just that. 

As Kaylyn Smith (or KayRay, deemed by bundles of friends)walked behind her senior collection, down an ever reaching runway, my eyes embarked on the fashion worlds newest gift.

Yes, I have no credibility behind my name, and yes, people could very well roll their eyes. And yes, she is my friend. But take a look for yourself and tell me this isn't dynamite:



I've watched a young girl cut up tee shirts, and sew the last stitch on her prom dress. Now she is screaming for success with tank tops and pants, and a jacket that will end up in my closet. Over my dead body will someone else have the honor of saying they purchased the first garment by Kaylyn Smith.  

So as I started this weekend, rehearsing the perfect toast over an hour long car ride, I would like to end this with one:

To a girl who will do great things, and a friend who has stuck by even when there was no reason. You are a gift, not only to me and those you have met, but to this world. A gift of pure talent, with an eye for design. Much like the Garden Party collection, you are different than others, and not afraid to show your individuality within. It will take you far. So never lose hope, and never change your ways. The things you are meant to do will come, and I hope to be by your side for the journey ahead. 

2 comments:

  1. Shelby this is so perfect. It so accurately describes Kaylyn as a person and designer.

    -Britany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Britnay thank you! I'm glad to hear it is accurate from someone who loves her so!

      -Shelby

      Delete