Thursday, May 2, 2013

The fairest of them all



While having a discussion with my man companion the conversation turned to fashion (as it usually dose) due to my dominating personality and field of interest, or more likely his kind hearted ability to stoop to my level of fashion concern.

On this cold May day we were discussing style and his initial thought that these designers and artist who rule the colorful world must hold a certain depth above all others. Which is where I felt the need to empress my knowledge on his soon to become, or what I can only hope for, fashion craving brain.

For me, top designers like Dior (top left) find their fabulosity in something much more compelling than depth. They take these insane ideas and make them reality. You wouldn't be honest if you said most of the looks you saw trot down the runway were to-die-for wardrobe makers.

Yes, I would die to have an up close peep at these garments, but would I wear them to get groceries? No. Most of them wouldn't fit through the Whole Foods front door. And that my fashion friends is why we love these designers so very much.

They are everything we have ever wanted to be. They are that goofy girl in the back of your class who you wish you had the gust to talk too let alone wear her distractingly awesome clothing. And that guy who drew so well that even the most popular kid couldn't say he wasn't going to become something great. Designers seem to place emphasis on the things we as every day humans are scared too. Like the oddball head dresses or out of this world patterns and hem lines.

A designer paints the pictures we so rarely allow ourselves to believe in. They are the most brilliant weirdos of the world. And I frankly wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment