Friday, May 3, 2013

Pack, Pack, Pack it up


I have two true talents in life: My speedy showering skills and the ability to pack like a gypsy.

So as my life starts to get crazy and I begin to jet set to Lubbock, Waco and Houston, usually by car not jet, I get to exercise my favorite of the two. Why pack my mothers recommended seven pairs of underwear when you can pack three, right?

But it is not the lack of under garments that brings me joy in having a small bag. It's the feeling which comes with it. Like I have not a care in the world. All that exist in this world is me, my Long Champ bag, and a destination. For that short period of travel time I can be free, and forget all the baggage or chaotic work I carry around.

Oh, and I love going to airports where you can easily make up a new identity and pretend to be a rocker with a show deadline to meet. Some times dreams do come true... kind of.

No comments:

Post a Comment