Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The Time I Went Crazy: Past



If you read the last Chic in Shambles blog you were introduced to a week of crazy. It was, for the most part, the epitome of shambles. We left off with me U-Turning around the highway finally deciding to take the trip to Houston. 

It was there that I spent the first night watching my high school cousin (who's name I will withhold) cheer at the football game. Much like me, she took the road most traveled. The painstaking, terrible road of cheerleading. 

For me, high school was four years of forgetful memories. I never really fit in and things were not as awesome as they were always said to be. Though it is cliche, to the person who said these are the best years of your life, they were insanely wrong. In every way, shape and form. I spent my years avoiding group activities while faking a "popular" persona. It was all together a mute point. 

And this, was what I saw again. My cousins, someone I have always looked up too even in her younger years, was just like me. Though much smarter, and thinner. 

None the less, she was right where I was all those years ago. She doesn't really fit in, and right now it seems kind of shitty. She might not get asked to homecoming, but those guys wouldn't know what to do with her even if they did ask. My cousins doesn't go to all the awesome parties, but instead spend her nights studying. 

So as I sat there watching her live life, I felt the anxiety lift off my shoulders. It made sense. I was reminded of my true passion, of the people who feel alone and those who want to strive for something more. 

To my cousin I have these words: One day you will graduate from those moldy walls and fill your life with things better than high school. I dream of the day you walk a college lawn, making small talk with intellectual men who dabble on your level, and find peace in knowing you are more. You are one of the few who will move on, and become something big. Your future is so bright, and your opportunity endless. Be your best self, and love every minute of it. There are people like me who look up to everything you do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment